I'm sorry to hear about Winnie. Had she been sick, or just old age? You know that we know how that is. And for all you funny people, I'm talking about having old dogs NOT us being old!
Oh I am so sorry Jessica. Is Charlotte missing her??? My Dinah is 10 this summer and the thought that she is "old" saddens me. I hope she has many years left,,,she is still crazy as a puppy, so I think she'll hang around with us for a while =) Avery loves her, but Dinah could care less {unless food is involved)
Charlotte doesn't really know- Winnie kept to herself (or we kept them apart) most of the time.
Winnie was pretty much totally deaf and blind so we didn't want to subject her to too much Charlotte!
The other three dogs and cat are always more up for her attention so she tends to gravitate towards them.
The dogs are pretty much interchangeable to her- the cat is her real love! The cat isn't even particularly nice to her, but she really really likes her.
I have to say my cat Misty growing up(a boy...but that is another story) was totally crazed when anyone wanted to pet her...even when I pet her she would, in the middle of it, turn to scratch or run away but I loved her anyway!
13 comments:
Condolences.
Mary made ya'll some chocolate-covered strawberries.
Sad about your loss.
So, when are you getting another one?!
sourpatch
We still have three other dogs so I am doubting we will get another dog for a long long time!
I'm sorry to hear about Winnie. Had she been sick, or just old age? You know that we know how that is. And for all you funny people, I'm talking about having old dogs NOT us being old!
It was mostly old age- she did have some other things going on that we believe hastened the inevitable.
I think the stress was just too much.
Oh I am so sorry Jessica. Is Charlotte missing her???
My Dinah is 10 this summer and the thought that she is "old" saddens me. I hope she has many years left,,,she is still crazy as a puppy, so I think she'll hang around with us for a while =) Avery loves her, but Dinah could care less {unless food is involved)
Charlotte doesn't really know- Winnie kept to herself (or we kept them apart) most of the time.
Winnie was pretty much totally deaf and blind so we didn't want to subject her to too much Charlotte!
The other three dogs and cat are always more up for her attention so she tends to gravitate towards them.
The dogs are pretty much interchangeable to her- the cat is her real love! The cat isn't even particularly nice to her, but she really really likes her.
"The cat isn't even particularly nice to her"
Hmmmmm. . . remember that people who have experienced Phoebe the Phreak read this blog; they know an understatement when they see one.
It is spelled FeeBee, and 99% of the time, the cat just ignores her. Or rubs on her legs and then runs away before she has a chance to pet her.
I know very few cats who wouldn't freak out if they were pinned into a corner by a crazed 1 year old.
A crazed one year old? How dare you!!! I don't even know FeeBee, but I'm guessing she's no match for Charlotte.
Jessica I'm sorry Winnie passed. I think if I remember correctly one of the dogs liked Matt the most, was it Winnie?
Winnie was Matt's favorite, and he was her favorite.
I have to say my cat Misty growing up(a boy...but that is another story) was totally crazed when anyone wanted to pet her...even when I pet her she would, in the middle of it, turn to scratch or run away but I loved her anyway!
Post a Comment